Sub-Zero Classic Series Refrigeration Condenser Cleaning
- How do you clean the condenser?
- "Service" or "Vacuum Condenser" is flashing
- Classic series (BI) model is running constantly or not cooling
- Is there a chemical cleaner or degreaser that can be used to clean the condenser?
To Clean the Condenser:
- Press Power on the control panel to turn the unit off.
- Hold the center of the grille assembly at the bottom, then lift and rotate the grille up to expose the condenser area.
- Remove the water filter for easier access if needed. Either twist it or push it in to remove it.
- Use a soft bristle brush attachment on a vacuum to remove dust and lint from the condenser area.
- A paint brush, air compressor on a low setting, or a can of compressed air also work to clean the condenser.
- If there is a build-up of dust or debris behind the screen that the vacuum does not reach, blow the condenser clean with a can of compressed air or an air compressor on a low setting.
- If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair. Share any service indicators and current temperatures with the service company.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
For information about other models, refer to Sub-Zero with "Vacuum Condenser" or "Service" Flashing or Sub-Zero Condenser Cleaning Instructions.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820