Sub-Zero Classic Series (BI) Water Filter Icon Life Monitor When Filter Is Bypassed
- Why does the water filter replacement icon appear when the water filter is bypassed?
- Can the water filter life monitor be disabled if the customer does not have the ice maker connected?
- Is the water filter icon disabled if the water bypass plug, part number 7011209, is installed?
When the water filter bypass plug, part number 7011209, is installed (push in filters) or the water filter is removed (twist-in filters), the water filter monitor must be disabled manually.
To disable the water filter life monitor:
- Once the bypass plug is in place (push in filters), or the filter removed (twist-in filters), press the filter reset button five times within a seven-second period to turn off the filter life monitor.
- This is the white button to the left of the water filter on the front of the condenser cover.
- A single beep confirms the monitor is disabled.
- If present, the filter replacement icon disappears when the monitor is disabled.
- If the filter replacement icon is not present, the unit only beeps to confirm that the monitor has been disabled.
- For information on BI products that do not use a bypass plug, see Classic Series Bypass Water Filter.
- Refer to Classic Series Water Filter Bypass Plug for instructions and part number.
To enable the water filter monitor:
- Press the Reset button five times within 7 seconds.
- Two beeps confirm the monitor is enabled.
Sub-Zero Group Owner's App:
- Filter life will show on the app with the water filter disabled. It is not possible to remove the filter life from the app.
- Refer to Sub-Zero Group Owner's App Refrigeration Alerts and Notifications for more information.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
The water filter bypass plug is available for purchase through Sub-Zero’s Accessory Store. Or, contact a Factory Certified Parts Distributor to order parts.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820