Air Purification Cartridge Filter Particles or Rattling Sound
- Is the air purification cartridge damaged if it is covered in a fine white powder when shipped?
- Should the air purification filter come coated with white particles on the outside of it?
- Is air filter broken if it makes a rattling noise when shaken?
Air purification cartridges may make a rattling sound, which is normal. Cartridges contain small glass tubes that are part of the air filtration system.
- If there is a problem with the air filter, the filter icon will flash on the control panel.
- If there is no issue with the air purification cartridge, the filter icon will be steady.
- White powder produced during the manufacturing process may be present. It is not harmful. If present, wipe the cartridge with a dry cloth prior to installation.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820