Change Sub-Zero Door Style
- Change door style from framed to overlay
- Change from solid to glass door
- Convert door style from glass door to solid door
- Switch from overlay door to framed
- Change from overlay panel to stainless
- Convert single door unit to French door
- Change from framed to stainless door style
- Change from wood panel to stainless or stainless to custom panel
- How to know if door is stainless steel wrap door
Sub-Zero supports door style changes on a limited number of products.
Kind of Change
- Adding or removing a dispenser from any Sub-Zero model is not possible. See also, Add or Remove a Water Dispenser.
- Changing from a single door to a French door is not possible on any model.
- Glass door to solid door: Possible in some situations.
- See Solid Door Option for Glass Door Models for additional information.
- Solid door to glass door: Not possible on any model.
- High altitude glass to normal glass: Not possible on any model.
Door may be changed, depending on model. Solid door options include any of the following:
- Wrapped stainless door
- All PRO series models.
- In Classic (BI) Series, denoted by a /S at the end of the model number, such as BI-32U/S or BI-48SD/S
- These doors cannot be changed.
- Overlay door
- Includes newer panel-ready models, where a panel is mounted seamlessly onto the unit.
- These panels are typically custom wood.
- Framed door
- Includes older style panel-ready models, where a panel slides into a visible metal frame.
- 200, 300, 500, 600, and older Classic (BI) Series models used framed panels.
- Panels may be white enamel, stainless steel, or may be custom panels, such as wood.
- See also, Sub-Zero Framed Accessory Panels.
|Starting Door||Change||Models Possible|
|Wrapped stainless door||Different handle style stainless door||
Not possible on any model.
|Framed or overlay door||Not possible on any model.|
|Framed or overlay door||Wrapped stainless door||Not possible on any model.|
|Framed door||Overlay door||
Classic series models:
600 Series models:
Not possible on on 200/300 or 500 Series models.
|Overlay door||Framed door||
600 and Classic series models:
|Flush Inset overlay panels||Flush Inset stainless panels||
|Flush Inset stainless panels||Flush Inset overlay panels|
- Refer to Reveal, the custom specification tool, for design specifications, and pictures of Framed and Overlay models.
- Refer to the Sub-Zero Specification Library for further information; contact a Local Dealer for further sales information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820