Sub-Zero Frequent Water Filter Replacement
- Sub-Zero water filter requires frequent replacement
- When to use a color, taste, and odor filter instead of microbiological
- Water filter does not last very long, needs replacement before one year
- Water filter needs to be replaced quickly
- How long should a water filter last?
- What factors affect a water filter's lifespan?
Lifespan and storage
- Sub-Zero water filter lifespan is an approximation. On average, a water filter lasts 1 year.
- Sub-Zero water filters do not have an expiration date and should be stored in a cool, dry environment.
- Storing filters in a damp, cold environment could compromise the integrity of the water filter.
- The control board measures water flow by how long the water valve is energized.
- The water filter replacement icon or message illuminates when it reaches the water flow rating.
- The control board measures the time elapsed from the previous filter replacement, or the time elapsed since the filter reset button was last pressed.
- The unit monitors both water usage and time.
- The control measures the gallons of water passed through the filter until the filter life is reached, or if 8,760 hours (one year) have passed since the filter reset button was pressed.
Water Pressure and Quality
- The water supply source must provide the Sub-Zero with a constant water pressure of 20 psi (1.4 bar) to 100 psi (6.9 bar) at all times. Refer to the product Installation Guide for further installation information.
- If the water source is supplied from a reverse osmosis (RO) system or from a well water system, water pressure could be adversely affected as the water filter becomes contaminated during the filtration process. This is normal operation.
- If water pressure is a concern, consider bypassing the unit's water filtration system. Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
- Water filters are designed to remove contaminants from the water supply source. As the filter accumulates these contaminants, the water pressure flowing through the water filter decreases.
- For poor water quality situations, use a color, taste and odor filter, part # 7023812, to reduce frequency of filter replacement of push-in style filters.
- Consult with a local plumber or water quality specialist to have the water supply source pressure or quality tested.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820