Sub-Zero Glass Cleaning Instructions
- Glass cleaners did not clean off marks or residue on glass door.
- Suction cup marks on glass door will not come off.
Use standard household glass cleaners to remove residue from a Sub-Zero refrigerator glass door, typically caused by suction mark rings. If glass cleaner does not work, follow these steps:
Acceptable Cleaning Materials for Stubborn Residue:
- Cerium Oxide (comes in powder form, mix into a paste with water, roughly 1 to 1 by volume) - available through Minnesota Lapidary Supply Corporation (612-872-7211) or local glass store
- Soft Scrub non-bleach cleaner
- Crest Toothpaste (white paste not gel)
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Pads
- 3M Light Duty Scouring Pads
- Bar Keepers Friend
- Spray glass with standard cleaning solution such as Windex, vinegar/water, isopropyl alcohol/water or Rain-X Glass Cleaner.
- Wipe dry using paper towel (if possible, use Sellars shop paper towel, available in automotive departments).
- Unlike common paper towels, these towels do not leave a residue on the glass.
- All cleaners listed above have a light abrasive, which will mechanically remove the stubborn residue from the glass, without scratching the glass.
- Spread light abrasive cleaner onto paper towel and apply to glass.
- Rub in circular motion over area with stubborn stain.
- It works best to clean a 2' x 2' area at a time.
- Depending on the stubbornness of the residue, more than one application of the mild abrasive cleaner may be required.
- After cleaning with mild abrasive cleaner, wipe area with tap water.
- It may take additional cleaning with water to remove the residue left from the mild abrasive cleaner.
- Clean again with mild dish detergent and water.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820