- Is there a way to shut off a dial control refrigerator or freezer besides turning off at the breaker?
- Turn on or off 200/300 or 500 Series product
- Dials turned off, but lights still come on in unit
- Which way to turn temperature control
- What is the recommended setting for a dial control
- Turn off freezer and leave the refrigerator on
200, 300, and 500 Series Sub-Zero products have dial controls.
- Turn off the refrigerator and freezer by turning the control knob to 0 or off.
- If the lights stay on in the unit or the condenser fan motor continues to run after the dials are turned to the off position, turn the unit off at the circuit breaker.
- The dial has a detent before the Off position, so a pause may be felt before going to the Off position.
- If the dial does not move or feels stuck, do not force it, as it may cause the control to break.
- Some dials turned counterclockwise and some turned clockwise. Turn the dial all the way one way. If the unit does not turn off, turn back all the way the other way to turn it off.
- To determine how many dials per unit for 200/300 Series models, see Numbers of Compressors and Controls.
- 500 Series models with a refrigerator and freezer have two controls, one for each section. Only 500 Series controls are backlit.
- See also, Sub-Zero Control Back Lighting.
- If there are two dials, each compartment (refrigerator and freezer) is independent. One can be off and the other on.
- Refer to Sub-Zero Vacation Settings for more information.
Recommended Dial Control Setting
In products with a dial control, set the dial between 4 and 6. 1 is warmest setting and 10 (or 7 on some models) is coldest. Set the dial from 4 to 6 for temperatures near 38°F in the refrigerator and 0°F in the freezer.
For instructions on adjusting the setting, see:
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820