- Should water constantly flow in the UC15I(P)?
- How much water does the undercounter ice maker use per day?
- What is the operation of the UC-15I?
- UC15I water usage
- Constant water flowing in UC-15I
Water will continuously flow throw the icemaker assembly of the UC15I(P) during the ice production cycle. This is normal operation.
- The unit will continue to operate until the ice builds up high enough to contact the bin thermostat sensor tube, then it will switch OFF.
- The ice machine remains OFF until ice no longer contacts the bin thermostat bulb holder and the thermostat bulb warms up.
- The increase in temperature will restart the ice machine.
- The amount of time that the unit will run to replace melted ice (without the door being opened) is approximately four (4) hours per day.
- The amount of time the ice machine runs to replace ice removed during use depends on how much ice is used, how often ice is removed, how clean the ice machine is and the temperature of the ambient air and water supplied to the ice machine.
- An empty ice bin takes twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) hours to refill.
- The ice maker uses approximately 1 gallon of water per hour or 24 gallons per day.
- Water only flows in the icemaker assembly when the unit is in the ice production cycle.
- During the clean cycle, the unit uses about 3.9 gallons of water; water use varies based on incoming water pressure.
- See also, UC-15I Undercounter Ice Maker Water Outlet Drain Tube.
If water flow does not stop when the ice production cycle finishes, no troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820