- Water pressure fluctuations in the home or to the ice maker water supply line
- Ice bucket removed but ice maker not turned off
- Water to unit turned off but ice maker not turned off
- Jammed ice cubes
- Why does the ice maker fill tube continually freeze over?
- Why do I have to defrost the ice maker fill tube on a regular basis?
- What causes the ice maker fill tube to freeze over?
- What does the fill tube look like?
- Can I see water flow through the fill tube?
Steps to Verify Issue:
The fill tube is located above the ice maker coming through either the back or side wall of the freezer.
- The fill tube delivers water to the ice maker to freeze into ice cubes.
- Water flows through the fill tube and into the ice mold.
- Water will not flow through the fill tube until the freezer reaches its set temperature and the ice maker calls for water.
- It could be several hours before this process occurs.
To defrost a frozen fill tube:
- Do one of the following depending on model and accessibility:
- Manually defrost the freezer for 4-6 hours by turning it off.
- Disable the freezer. See Built In Manual Compartment Disable, 600 Series Manual Compartment Disable, or Designer (Formerly Integrated) Manual Compartment Disable.
- Turn power to the unit off and use a hairdryer on low and aim warm air at the ice maker assembly for 5-10 minutes. Keep the warm air moving from one end of the ice maker to the other. This will prevent damage (500, 600 Series only) and ensure the fill tube becomes defrosted, even if the fill tube is not visible.
- Fill tube is located on the back or side wall above the ice maker.
- See also, Ice Maker Does not Make Ice.
- If the fill tube continues to freeze or the unit does not start producing ice, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
Fill Tube Location for Side-by-Side units:
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820