- Water pressure fluctuations in the home or to the ice maker water supply line
- Ice bucket removed but ice maker not turned off
- Water to unit turned off but ice maker not turned off
- Jammed ice cubes
- Why does the ice maker fill tube continually freeze over?
- Why do I have to defrost the ice maker fill tube on a regular basis?
- What causes the ice maker fill tube to freeze over?
- What does the fill tube look like?
- Can I see water flow through the fill tube?
Steps to Verify Issue:
The fill tube is located above the ice maker coming through either the back or side wall of the freezer.
- The fill tube delivers water to the ice maker to freeze into ice cubes.
- To see what the fill tube looks like, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/szcustomercare.
- The fill tube is attached to the ice mold, opposite the support.
- Water flows through the fill tube and into the ice mold.
- The ice mold is behind or next to the square white part of the ice maker, depending on ice maker orientation.
- Water will not flow through the fill tube until the freezer reaches its set temperature and the ice maker calls for water.
- It could be several hours before this process occurs.
To defrost a frozen fill tube:
- Do one of the following depending on model and accessibility:
- Manually defrost the freezer for 4-6 hours by turning it off.
- Disable the freezer. See Built In Manual Compartment Disable, 600 Series Manual Compartment Disable, or Designer (Formerly Integrated) Manual Compartment Disable.
- Turn power to the unit off and use a hairdryer on low and aim warm air at the fill tube for 5-10 minutes. Keep the warm air moving to prevent damage (500, 600 Series only). Aim the hairdryer toward the ice maker water fill tube, even if it is not visible.
- Fill tube is located on the back or side wall above the ice maker.
- See also, Ice Maker Does not Make Ice.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820