- Why is water leaking from unit or from the door, door hinge, or door gasket?
- What would cause a water leak on a Sub-Zero?
- Why does water drip from the door?
- How to find where water is leaking from
- Water on the floor of a refrigerator section
Steps to Verify Issue:
Determine the Leak Source
To resolve a water leak, try to determine where the water is leaking from, then see the more specific topics based on location of water.
|Source of Leak||Answers|
|Water leaks from top of product|
|Water leaks from under or below product|
|Water leaks from ice or water dispenser|
|Water leaks from water filter|
|Water leaks from inside refrigerator under crisper drawers|
|Leaking or condensation inside the unit|
|Undercounter Ice Maker (UC-15I, 315I, 235, other models) leaks|
Steps If the Leak Source Is Unknown
- Open the refrigerator door and inspect the back wall for condensation, frost, or ice buildup on the back wall. See also, Ice Forming on Back Wall of Refrigerator.
- Remove the crisper drawer and crisper shelf assembly. If equipped, remove all lower storage drawers to inspect for condensation, water, or ice near, behind, or underneath the drawer(s).
- Food debris, standing water, or ice buildup in the drain trough or drain tube along the back wall may cause standing water on the floor. The drain tube may be clogged.
- This can cause water to sit up against the door gasket, causing the water to drip from the gasket on to the floor when the door is opened.
- Clear any standing water or ice.
- Clean the drain tube if possible.
- The drain trough and drain tube will only be visible on a 200, 300, 500, or 600 Series. Refer to 200/300-500-600 Series Refrigerator Drain Tube Cleaning.
- For 400 Series Wine Storage, 700 Series, 648PRO, Classic, and Designer series, refer to Classic, Designer, 700, 400, and 648PRO Drain Tube Clogged.
- A frozen freezer drain tube can lead to ice buildup on the floor of the freezer. Refer to Freezer Drain Tube Cleaning.
- If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820