Ventilation Hood Heat Sentry Feature
- Why did the hood turn on and off on its own?
- Why did the blower speed increase then decrease on its own?
- PW, PWC, PL, PI, IH, CTWH, and CTEWH heat sentry.
- At what temperature does the ventilation hood heat sentry turn on or turn off?
- What temperature activates or deactiviates the heat sentry feature?
- Why is the blower speed LED flashing?
CT Wall, CT Island, CTE Low Profile and all Pro Series Ventilation Hoods are equipped with a heat sentry feature which automatically turns the ventilation hood on, or adjusts the blower speed to the next highest setting when excessive heat is sensed.
- The heat sentry feature activates when the exhaust temperature reaches 200°F (93°C) and deactivates when the exhaust temperature decreases to 185°F (85°C).
- If the ventilation hood is turned off and the heat sentry sense 200°F exhaust, the blower automatically turns on.
- Once the exhaust temperature decreases to 185°F the blower turns off.
- If the ventilation hood is turned on to low speed and the heat sentry senses 200°F exhaust, the blower increases to high speed.
- Once the exhaust temperature decreases to 185°F the blower decreases back to low speed.
- For CT Wall, CT Island, & CTE Low Profile Hoods:
- The corresponding blower speed LED on the control will blink to indicate the heat sentry feature is activated.
- Once heat sentry feature is activated, the ventilation hood will continue to monitor exhaust temperatures every three minutes.
- When the blower speed returns to the original setting prior to heat sentry feature activation, the corresponding LED will stop blinking and remain constant.
- When the heat sentry feature is active, the customer will not have any control of the blower speed until the exhaust temperature decrease to 185°F.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820