- Internal water dispenser does not work on a Classic (BI) unit
- No water is coming from the internal water dispenser of a BI product
- What to do if internal water dispenser of a BI model does not work
Steps to Verify Issue:
For Classic (BI) units when an internal water dispenser does not dispense:
- If the water filter replacement icon appears, replace the water filter. See Classic Water Filter Replacement Indicator On.
- For first use, start-up, new installations, or if the filter was recently replaced, refer to Priming the Water Dispenser Tank. Prime the water tank in any of these situations.
- It is possible too much water dispensed in a short period of time, and the unit locked the dispenser as a precaution.
- H2 LO appears on the control panel if this is the case. Refer to Classic Error Code H2 LO for additional information.
- Wait five minutes and press the water key for 60 seconds again.
- Verify the dispenser is not locked. See Dispenser Lock Operation for unlock instructions.
- Verify the unit is not in Sabbath mode. The water dispenser is disabled while Sabbath mode is active.
- French door models with an internal dispenser ONLY: Verify the left-hand door light switch is working.
- If the dispenser works only with the right-hand door open, it may be an indication that the left-hand switch is not working.
- See also, Classic Series Light Switch Replacement.
- The water side of the dual water valve may need to be restarted if there is a clicking or grinding noise. Turn the power off at the unit on/off button then back on again and retry.
- If this is a new installation, confirm water is connected to the unit.
- Verify the water supply is turned on.
- See related topics:
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820