- How to reset the water filter replacement indicator on a Classic series (BI)
- Why is the water filter replacement indicator still appearing?
- What does the water filter replacement icon mean?
- Why is the water filter replacement icon appearing?
- The water filter life monitor still appears the filter replacement indicator on a BI after the filter was replaced
- Water filter light flashing
The water filter replacement icon appears when the water filter needs replacement. Either the volume of water the filter is rated for filters through or approximately one year passes. The water filter indicator appears in the control panel display as four drops of water passing through a horizontal sheet of paper between the temperatures.
For other models, refer to How to Replace a Water Filter.
Some use and care guides state the water filter icon is on at all times and some guides stated the water filter icon flashes when it needs replacement.
- Both of these are misprints.
- The water filter icon turns on and is steady when the water filter needs to be replaced.
- The normal state of the water filter icon is off when a good filter is installed and in use.
To reset the indicator:
- Replace the water filter. See instructions specific to the water filter type:
- Press and hold the white filter reset button to the left of the water filter on the front of the condenser cover for five seconds to reset the water filter life monitor.
- If the icon still appears after replacing the filter and resetting the water filter life monitor, refer to Classic Series (BI) Water Filter Will Not Reset.
- See also:
- If the indicator does not appear after much longer than one year, verify the Icon Life Monitor is not disabled. See Classic Water Filter Icon Life Monitor When Filter is Bypassed.
- Filter Needs Frequent Replacement
- If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
To purchase replacement water filters, refer to:
- Classic Series Replacement Water Filter Part Number
- How to Purchase Water Filters and Air Filters
- Note that replacement water filters are not covered by Sub-Zero's warranty.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820