- Should the oven door be open or closed when using the broiler
- Does leaving the door opened during broiler use cause damage to the oven
- Why does the broiler turn off when the oven door is opened
- Can the broiler be used with the oven door open
- The oven shut off while using the Broil Mode
Wolf ovens are designed to have the door closed when using the broiler.
- Opening the door during broil causes the broil element to cycle off. This is normal.
- The broiler turns back on automatically when the door is closed again.
- The broiler glows red when in use.
- Broilers have instant heat. Preheating is not required.
- The broiler is not heating the entire oven cavity.
- When turning food or checking doneness, open the door carefully as smoke and steam may accumulate.
- Grease buildup on the broil element may cause a flare up or fire; clean the broil element after the unit has cooled to prevent this.
- The broil element cannot be removed for cleaning.
- Grease on the broiler pan can cause it to turn black, which is considered normal.
- Never use heatproof glass (for example, Pyrex) or pottery as it can shatter.
- In rack position 1 on high broil, the unit will sear a crust on steak. For a deeper crust, use a cast iron skillet or sear the meat before broiling.
- Preheat the broiler for a few minutes before placing the steak in the oven for improved results.
- How to Clean Wolf Broiler Pans
- Wolf Broiler Pan Information
- Electric Oven Temperature Range
- E Series Oven Broil Mode
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for instructions on how to turn Broil Mode on, as well as additional cooking tips.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820