- Spill over causing electrical issue
- Burner placement or assembly
- Pot or pan size
- Spark module, switch, electrode, or ignitor not working
- Gas supply insufficient or poor quality
- No electrical power to the unit
- Ignitor is dirty
- Damaged regulator
- Poor ignition, no ignition of gas burner
- Gas burner does not ignite
- Gas surface burner does not light
- Burners will not ignite on their own but can be lit manually
- No power to gas surface burner
- Surface burner or ignitor does not click when turned on
Steps to Verify Issue:
For general use instructions, refer to Gas Burner Operation.
For specific troubleshooting by product, see:
- Dual Fuel Range Surface Burners Click or Do Not Ignite
- R Series Gas Range Surface Burners Click or Do Not Ignite
- GR Gas Range Surface Burners Click or Do Not Ignite
- CG Gas Cooktop Surface Burners Click or Do Not Ignite
- SRT Sealed Burner Rangetop Surface Burners Click or Do Not Ignite
Check the Electrical Supply
- Make sure power is supplied to the unit. The ignitors are electric and will not spark or click without power.
- Turn off power to the unit.
- Leave the power off for at least 30 seconds.
- Turn on the power and retest the unit operation.
Check the Unit
- If new, confirm unit is using the correct gas type.
- Verify aluminum foil is not being used to line the burner pan. Refer to Burner Pan or Pressed Steel Top Liner for more information.
- Make sure the ignitors (shown below) are clean. For cleaning information, see:
- If the burner is clicking but not lighting, see Gas Burner Clicking for possible solutions.
- If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- If the burner does not work on simmer setting, follow these same troubleshooting steps.
For additional troubleshooting information, refer to:
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820