- Possible jammed ice cube
- Low water pressure
- Frozen ice maker fill tube
- Warm freezer temperature
- Water valve energized longer than fifteen seconds
- No ice production in PRO48 (648PRO) Series models
- Ice maker will not cycle on 648PRO product
- Ice maker does not work and no fault codes
Steps to Verify Issue:
- After the unit is on, wait 24 hours for ice production. It may take this long to see ice cubes in the ice bin.
- Verify the ice maker is on. Ice cubes falling into a bucket show on the display when the ice maker is on. If not, press the Ice Maker key.
- If "Service Ice" is flashing, the water valve energized longer than fifteen seconds and the ice maker turned off.
- Refer to 648PRO Series with Service Ice Flashing.
- Warm temperatures impact ice maker performance. Confirm the freezer temperature is at or below 5°F. Sub-Zero recommends 0°F freezer temperature.
- If the freezer temperature is higher than 5°F, see Warm Freezer Troubleshooting.
- Verify the condenser is clean. See Clean the Condenser for instructions.
- Change water filters as often as recommended, typically every 6-12 months.
- See 648PRO Water Filter for more information.
- If installed, verify the home inline water filter is not expired. See Inline Water Filters. See also, Sub-Zero Does Not Have a Water Filtration System.
- Confirm good water pressure to the unit. See How to Confirm Water Pressure.
- Make sure the ice bin is properly installed by verifying it is level and seated in place. On some models, the ice bin presses the ice maker switch. This varies from model to model.
- Verify ice maker shut-off arm is in the down position.
- Turn the unit off, and if the arm is up, push down gently. The ice maker arm only moves an inch. See also, Ice Maker Control Arm Will Not Lower.
- Verify the ice maker white plastic rudder arm is attached to the shut-off arm and reattach if needed. If broken or cracked, replace the ice maker shut-off arm.
- Make sure the water supply to the unit is on. Refer to Water Line Shut-Off Valve Location for details.
- Verify the ice maker is free of obstructions or jammed ice cubes. Use a hairdryer aimed toward the fill tube and ice mold on low for 5-10 minutes to free stuck ice cubes.
- Verify the ice maker water fill tube is not blocked. See Ice Maker Fill Tube Frozen.
- After freeing obstructions, turn the unit off, then on again to reset.
- If ice production stops often with the use of a reverse osmosis system or well water, a pressure booster or regulator may improve performance. Contact the reverse osmosis provider or speak with a plumber for suggestions.
- See also, Sub-Zero with Reverse Osmosis Water System.
- Reseat the water filter (if present) by removing and installing it. See Remove Water Filter for instructions.
- Reset the water filter if a water filter is present.
- Ice Maker YouTube Videos - instructs how to remove/install white plastic rudder arm
- Ice Production after Bucket Removal
- Ice Clumping Together in Ice Bin
- Ice Production and Ice Bin Capacity
- Blue or Green Ice Cubes or White Flecks in Ice
Note: When the ice maker is on, water may not flow into it immediately.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820