- 315I ice maker not making ice or produces hollow or small ice cubes
- Single, couple, or few cubes of ice made during each ice production cycle
- Ice maker not harvesting or dropping eight ice cubes at a time, not producing full batch of ice
- Ice quickly melting in 315I
- Water pouring into ice bin of Undercounter Ice Maker
Steps to Verify Issue:
- Verify the ice maker is turned on.
- Make sure the unit is turned on for at least 24 hours, as ice makers may not cycle until 24 hours pass.
- Verify the unit's condenser has been cleaned within the last 6-12 months. Clean the Condenser as needed.
- The water must be turned on. Shutoff might be found:
- Under the kitchen sink.
- Under the refrigerator behind the kickplate.
- In an adjacent cabinet.
- In the basement near the water filtration system.
- Low or no water pressure may prevent ice production. Pour a cup of water behind the ice maker curtain. If the spray changes, it is an indication the unit is not getting enough water pressure.
- High ambient room temperatures or installing the unit in an area that receives a lot of direct sunlight can cause the ice to melt quickly. The ice bin is not refrigerated.
- Reset the water filter by removing and installing it.
- If ice production stops often when using a reverse osmosis system or a well water system, consider adding a pressure booster or regulator. Contact the reverse osmosis provider or speak with a plumber for suggestions.
- Make sure the drain line is not kinked or looped.
- Verify unit is not on a generator. Proper voltage must be supplied for unit to work properly.
- Make sure the unit is properly cleaned and sanitized regularly. See UC-15I and 315I Cleaning.
- Let 24 hours pass after steps are complete and check for ice production.
- If the ice maker issues continue after the troubleshooting steps above are complete, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information on condenser cleaning, bin thermostat operation, and cleaning and sanitizing instructions.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820