- Why is food freezing in the refrigerator?
- Food in refrigerator is frozen regardless of where it is placed
- Refrigerator running too cold and freezing food
- Should the bottom of the refrigerator be colder than the top?
- Should the top of the refrigerator be colder than the bottom?
If food items are freezing in the refrigerator section:
- Address any error codes or messages.
- Verify the unit temperatures are properly set.
- Review what food is freezing and where it is inside the refrigerator.
- Clean the Condenser if it has not been done in the past six months.
- If the temperature on the display is extremely cold, see Extremely Cold Temperature on Display.
- Make sure the light diffuser is installed. See also:
- See also, How to Measure Temperatures in a Refrigerator or Freezer and Refrigerator Too Cold.
Follow the same troubleshooting for a freezer that is too cold.
If food is freezing in the crisper drawers, refer to Food Freezing in Crisper Drawers.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820