- Fan not working properly
- Temperature sensor or thermostat malfunction
- Sealed system problem
- Door seal or gasket issue
- What to do when temperatures rise in freezer
- High or warm temperatures reported in freezer section
- Freezer temp too warm or freezer not maintaining temperature
- Why is the freezer not cooling or will not hold set temperature?
Steps to Verify Issue:
- Verify the unit has been turned on for at least 24 hours. If not, wait 24 hours for unit to cool properly.
- If the unit is a new installation, wait 24 hours for the unit to get to set temperature.
- Clean the Condenser if it has not done in the last three months.
- Note: If the temperature is above 10 degrees (set at 0), it is unlikely to return to normal temperatures after a condenser cleaning. If the temperature is less than 10° high, condenser cleaning can help return to normal operation.
- Verify there are no error codes or service indicators on the electronic control panel.
- Check the setpoint temperatures for the compartment.
- On an electronic control panel, 00° is the factory setting.
- For a dial control, set the dial between 4–6. 1 is warmest, and 10 is coldest. See Measure Temperatures in a Refrigerator or Freezer.
- Correct or remove anything blocking the door from closing.
- Make sure the door was not left ajar for a period of time.
- Turn the door ajar alarm on if not being used to make sure door is closing all the way.
- New groceries or warm food will raise temperatures for a period of time.
- In stand-alone ice makers, models 505, 506, 235, 315I, and UC-15I, run a clean cycle if not done recently.
- Wait 24 hours for the unit to return to normal temperatures after correcting any or all of the above.
- See also:
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair. Only a Factory Certified Service technician can determine the exact cause of a cooling issue.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820