- How to remove the light diffuser or crisper light diffuser from a Classic (formerly Built-In) (BI) Series product
- Was there a change to how the light diffuser is installed or removed from a BI Series unit?
- The light shield in a BI Series is difficult to remove, is there a lock?
- How to install a BI model light diffuser
Steps to Verify Issue:
To remove the primary overhead light diffuser from a Classic (formerly Built-In) Series product:
- Remove food items from the top shelf.
- Face the palm of your hands up towards and against the light diffuser.
- Firmly push upwards and backwards into the back of the unit to slide the light diffuser back until the slots drop past the bracket pegs.
- Lower the light diffuser to remove.
- Refer to the image below.
- To install, align slots with bracket pegs, pull forward until tabs engage pegs.
To remove the crisper light diffuser:
- Remove the crisper drawer and upper crisper shelf.
- Place both hands under the right and left sides of the diffuser and push upward.
- Classic Series and IC-27 Model Light Bulbs
- BI-30U and BI-36U Freezer Light Bulb Removal
- Classic Series Crisper Drawer Lighting
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820