- The lights are not working in the refrigerator and/or freezer
- The door was open and the lights turned off
- Why did the lights turn off when the unit was being cleaned or loaded with food?
- Door ajar or left open and lights went out
Steps to Verify Issue:
If the lights are out inside a refrigeration product:
- Verify the unit is turned on and power is going to the product.
- If accessible, confirm the unit is plugged into the electrical outlet.
- Turn the home circuit breaker to the unit off for 10 seconds then back on again. Retest the unit operation.
- If the temperatures appear faint on the digital display, the unit may be in Sabbath mode. See Sabbath Mode Information.
- Make sure the door was not left open for an extended period of time. If it was, the light terminator feature can turn on and turn off the lights. See Light Terminators for more information, including steps to reset.
- If possible, test light bulbs in another light fixture. If light bulbs are needed, refer to:
- Wiggle the light switch back and forth, push in and out to release to make sure it is not stuck in the closed position.
- The light switch is mounted to the top mainframe.
- The light switch is the left-hand switch. Do not use lubricant on a stuck switch.
- If the switch is sticking, replace it.
- For freezer sections, light switch may be frozen. Defrost the unit, refer to Manually Defrost a Sub-Zero for instructions.
- If lights still do not function, the light switch likely needs replacement.
- A freezer or refrigerator light switch in a side-by-side unit is an easy replacement that does not require a service technician.
- Replacing a freezer light switch in an over-and-under unit is more involved and must be completed by a service technician.
- 700 Series models prior to serial # 1648879 have a magnetic switch and a light transformer in the upper panel. Factory Certified Service must replace these switches.
- Refer to Refrigerator or Freezer Light Switch Information for part numbers, switch locations, and replacement instructions.
- If the lights still do not work after completing the steps above, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- Classic Series Light Diffuser Removal & Reinstallation
- BI-30U and BI-36U Freezer Light Bulb Removal
- Designer Refrigeration Lighting
- 648PRO Lighting
- 700 Series Light Bulbs
- 700 Base Units Light Bulb Removal
- 600 Series Light Diffuser Removal
- 590 Lower Freezer Light Bulb Removal
- 500 Series Light Bulb Replacement and Light Diffuser Removal
- 200 and 300 Series Light Bulb Replacement and Light Diffuser Removal
- 200 and 300 Series Drawer Light Bulb Replacement
- UC-24 Light Bulbs
- UC-15I Undercounter Ice Maker Light Bulb
- Wine Storage Light Strip Replacement
- Broken or Hard to Remove Light Bulb
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820