- Possible jammed ice cube
- Low water pressure
- Frozen ice maker fill tube
- Warm freezer temperature
- Water valve energized longer than fifteen seconds
- No ice production in Classic (formerly Built-In) Series (BI) model
- Ice maker will not cycle on BI product
- Ice maker does not work and no fault codes
Steps to Verify Issue:
- After turning on the product and the ice maker, wait 24 hours for ice production. It may take this long to see ice cubes in the ice bin. The freezer first cools to temperature, then ice cubes form and drop into the bucket.
- Verify the ice maker is on. Press the Ice Maker key if a single ice cube does not show on the display next to the freezer temperature. Note: Once the ice maker is on, water may not flow into it immediately.
- Make sure the water supply to the unit is turned on. Refer to Water Line Shut-Off Valve Location for details. Examples shown are in the OFF position.
- If a single ice cube is flashing on the control panel, hold the ALARM key for 15 seconds. The display will read CFC. ALARM is just to the left of POWER on the control board.
- If the cube continues to flash, hold the Max Ice and Ice Maker keys together for 5 seconds. Resetting a flashing cube may return and requires service if ice production does not return to normal.
- Warm temperatures impact ice maker performance. Sub-Zero recommends 0°F freezer temperature. Clean the condenser if it is above 5°F.
- Change water filters as often as recommended, typically every 6-12 months and reset the Water Filter after changing it.
- Reseat the water filter (if present) by removing and installing it even if it is not due for changing.
- If one is present, verify the home inline water filter is not expired.
- Confirm good water pressure to the unit.
- Make sure the ice maker shut-off arm is in the down position. If the arm is up, turn the unit off and push down gently. The ice maker arm only moves an inch.
- Make sure the ice maker white plastic rudder arm is attached to the shut-off arm and reattach if needed. If broken or cracked, replace the ice maker shut-off arm.
- Make sure the ice maker is free of obstructions or jammed ice cubes.
- It may be necessary to defrost the freezer to clear the ice maker. Refer to Manually Defrost a Sub-Zero for instructions.
- Make sure the ice maker water fill tube is open and not frozen. After defrosting any blockage, turn the unit off, then on again to reset. Refer to Ice Maker Fill Tube Frozen for more information.
- If ice production stops often with the use of a reverse osmosis system or well water, a pressure booster or regulator may improve performance. Contact the reverse osmosis provider or speak with a plumber for suggestions.
- After completing these steps, wait 24 hours for ice production to resume.
- If ice production does not resume after following these troubleshooting steps, service is needed to expertly diagnose and repair the unit. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- Blue or Green Ice Cubes or White Flecks in Ice
- Classic (Formerly Built-In) with Single Cube Flashing
- Classic Water Filter Replacement Indicator
- How to Clean a Classic Condenser
- How to Confirm Water Pressure to the Product
- How to Remove Water Filter
- How to Reset a Classic Water Filter
- Ice Clumping Together in Ice Bin
- Ice Maker Control Arm Will Not Lower
- Ice Maker Does Not Make Ice
- Ice Maker YouTube Videos - instructs how to remove/install white plastic rudder arm
- Ice Production after Bucket Removal
- Ice Production and Ice Bin Capacity
- Inline Water Filters
- Sub-Zero Does Not Have a Water Filtration System
- Sub-Zero with Reverse Osmosis Water System
- Warm Freezer Troubleshooting
- Water Line Shut-Off Valve Location
Refer to Ice Maker Does Not Make Ice for more information and links to other product lines.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820