- Possible jammed ice cube
- Low water pressure
- Frozen ice maker fill tube
- Warm freezer temperature
- Water valve energized longer than fifteen seconds
- Ice maker not making enough ice
- No ice production
- Ice maker not working with the ice bucket removed
- Icemaker troubleshooting
- Ice maker does not make ice
Steps to Verify Issue:
- After the unit is turned on, wait 24 hours for ice production. It may take this long to see ice cubes in the ice bucket.
- Verify ice maker is turned on.
|Product||How to Turn Ice Maker On or Off||With Ice Maker on|
|Built-In Series (BI)||Press the Ice Maker key.|| |
Single ice cube
|Integrated||See How to Turn Integrated Ice Maker On or Off.||In options menu, ice cube(s)|
highlighted if on
|600 Series||Press the Ice On/Off key.||The word "Ice"|
|700 Series*||Press the Ice On/Off key.||The word "Ice"|
|648PRO||Press the Ice Maker key.||Ice cubes falling into a bucket|
|500 Series|| |
For other 500 Series, verify proper ice bucket installation.
|200 / 300 Series||Verify proper ice bucket installation.||N/A|
* Original 700 Series units do not have an Ice On/Off key. The ice maker is turned off by removing the ice bucket.
Note: When the ice maker is turned on, water may not flow into it immediately.
- Verify service messages, icons, or error codes are not displayed. If so, resolve them.
- Warm temperatures impact ice maker performance. Confirm the freezer temperature is at or below 5°F.
- Sub-Zero recommends 0°F freezer temperature.
- If temperatures are warm, see Warm Freezer Troubleshooting.
- Verify the condenser is clean. See Clean the Condenser for instructions.
- Change water filters as often as recommended, typically every 6-12 months (Built-In, Integrated, and PRO48).
- See Built-In Water Filter Replacement Indicator or 648PRO Water Filter for more information.
- Some use and care guides incorrectly state the water filter replacement icon flashes when replacment is needed.
- If installed, verify the home inline water filter is not expired. See Inline Water Filters.
- See also:
- Verify the ice bucket is properly installed.
- On some models, the ice bucket presses the ice maker switch. This varies from model to model.
- Verify ice maker shut-off arm is in the down position.
- Turn the unit off, and if the arm is up, push down gently.
- The ice maker arm only moves an inch.
- See also, Ice Maker Control Arm Will Not Lower.
- Verify the ice maker white plastic rudder arm is attached to the shut-off arm and reattach if needed. If broken or cracked, replace the ice maker shut-off arm.
- Verify water supply to the unit is turned on. Refer to Water Line Shut Off Valve Location for details.
- Verify the ice maker is free of obstructions or jammed ice cubes. Use a hair dryer aimed toward the fill tube and ice mold on low for 5-10 minutes to free stuck ice cubes.
- Verify the ice maker water fill tube is not obstructed. See Ice Maker Fill Tube Frozen.
- After freeing obstructions, turn the unit off, then on again to reset.
- If ice production stops often with the use of a reverse osmosis system or well water, a pressure booster or regulator may improve performance. Contact the reverse osmosis provider or speak with a plumber for suggestions.
- See also, Sub-Zero with Reverse Osmosis Water System.
- Reseat the water filter (if present) by removing and reinstalling it. See Remove Water Filter for instructions.
- Reset the water filter if applicable. See also:
- Let 24 hours pass and check for ice production.
- See also:
- Ice Maker YouTube Videos - instruct how to remove/install white plastic rudder arm
- 700 Series Ice Bucket Requirement
- 650-611-550-511 Ice Maker Control Arm
- Undercounter Ice Maker Troubleshooting
- Ice Production after Bucket Removal
- Ice Clumping Together in Ice Bucket
- UC-24CI Ice Production and Bucket Capacity
- Undercounter Ice Maker 315I Ice Production and Capacity
- Ice Production and Ice Bucket Capacity
- Blue or Green Ice Cubes or White Flecks in Ice
Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820