- Possible jammed ice cube
- Low water pressure
- Frozen ice maker fill tube
- Warm freezer temperature
- Water valve energized longer than fifteen seconds
- Ice maker not making enough ice
- No ice production
- Ice maker not working with the ice bucket removed
- Ice maker troubleshooting
- Ice maker does not make ice
Steps to Verify Issue:
For model specific troubleshooting, refer to:
- Built-In Series Does Not Make Ice
- Designer (Formerly Integrated) Series Does Not Make Ice
- 648PRO Series Does Not Make Ice
- 700 Series Does Not Make Ice
- 600 Series Does Not Make Ice
- 500 Series Does Not Make Ice
- After the unit is turned on, wait 24 hours for ice production. It may take this long to see ice cubes in the ice bucket.
- Verify the ice maker is turned on. See specific product instructions below for turning the icemaker on or off if needed:
|Product||How to Turn Ice Maker On or Off||With Ice Maker on|
|200 / 300 Series||Verify proper ice bucket installation.||N/A|
- Warm temperatures impact ice maker performance. Confirm the freezer temperature is at or below 5°F. Sub-Zero recommends 0°F freezer temperature.
- If the freezer temperature is higher than 5°F, see Warm Freezer Troubleshooting.
- Verify the condenser is clean. See Clean the Condenser for instructions.
- If installed, verify the home inline water filter is not expired. See Inline Water Filters. See also, Sub-Zero Does Not Have a Water Filtration System.
- Confirm good water pressure to the unit. See How to Confirm Water Pressure.
- Make sure the ice bucket is properly installed by making sure it is level and seated in place. On some models, the ice bucket presses the ice maker switch. This varies from model to model.
- If the bucket is jammed, defrost the area around the bucket with a hair dryer and remove.
- Verify ice maker shut-off arm is in the down position.
- Turn the unit off, and if the arm is up, push down gently. The ice maker arm only moves an inch. See also, Ice Maker Control Arm Will Not Lower.
- Verify the ice maker white plastic rudder arm is attached to the shut-off arm and reattach if needed. If broken or cracked, replace the ice maker shut-off arm.
- Make sure the water supply to the unit is turned on. Refer to Water Line Shut Off Valve Location for details.
- Verify the ice maker is free of obstructions or jammed ice cubes. Use a hair dryer aimed toward the fill tube and ice mold on low for 5-10 minutes to free stuck ice cubes.
- Verify the ice maker water fill tube is not obstructed. See Ice Maker Fill Tube Frozen.
- After freeing obstructions, turn the unit off, then on again to reset.
- If ice production stops often with the use of a reverse osmosis system or well water, a pressure booster or regulator may improve performance. Contact the reverse osmosis provider or speak with a plumber for suggestions.
- See also, Sub-Zero with Reverse Osmosis Water System.
- Let 24 hours pass and check for ice production.
- Ice Maker YouTube Videos - instructs how to remove/install white plastic rudder arm
- Undercounter Ice Maker Troubleshooting
- Ice Production after Bucket Removal
- Ice Clumping Together in Ice Bucket
- UC-24CI Ice Production and Bucket Capacity
- Undercounter Ice Maker 315I Ice Production and Capacity
- Ice Production and Ice Bucket Capacity
- Blue or Green Ice Cubes or White Flecks in Ice
Note: When the ice maker is turned on, water may not flow into it immediately.
Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available for customers. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820